A wedding has to be picture-perfect for a bride, from caterers to music and to her groom everything should be just flawless. But the most apparent thing that possesses the utmost importance is her “dress”. A bride’s dress should be as elegant as her personality and the one that enhances her grace. Mainly it brings the glow on her face and sparkle to her eyes. A wedding dress is the most significant thing for a bride and though she would always like to keep it perfect for all the time. Your wedding dress is certainly a valued ownership for you. After all, you devoted a plenty of time and money in picking the best one for you. It makes you look marvelous and spectacular on the biggest day of your life, therefore you ought to keep your dress safe so it may not get spoiled. You can preserve it upon your own ideas and personal choice but to be more precise, you can also follow some regular tips to preserve it that are given below.
- If you get any stain on your dress then clean it quickly after the ceremony. If you delay for too long the stains become big and stiff to get rid of.
- You must hire a skilled certified wedding dress expert to clean it.
- The cost of cleaning and protection does not exceed $200. But there are some other factors that can result the cost fluctuation like the fabric, if the gown is made of silk with extensive trains and with big stains then the cost may exceed $400 and so on. But this is however less than the cost that you already have spent on buying the wedding dress and a little further investment can save your prior investment to your dress.
- Most of the women go for dying their wedding gowns; you should avoid it for it is not a good option because dying a fabric after it has turned into a garment is quite risky.
- Then the next step is to put your dress in an appropriate place. Make sure that you do not pile up that place with any other stuff.
- Avoid loading it in the garret or in basement for these places are soggy.
- Never hang your wedding dress, always prefer to preserve it in a box, make sure that it is not an air tight box, for the clothes need air as well.
- Avoid placing camphor balls in the box because the chemicals in them may destroy the stuff.
- Remove all the pins or metal studs attached to your dress before preserving it.
- You must keep an eye on your dress after preservation; you should take view of it at least twice year.
These were some regular tips that can be very helpful for you to preserve your precious wedding dress, you can also follow your own ideas along with these tips for better care. Take proper care of your dress to prevent your investment from wasting and you can save your dress for years to come for it contains very blissful memories of your life.